Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April Project: Grow an Herb Garden


I'm not gonna lie. I'm hella intimidated by this month's task. Yes, I'm intimidated by every month's task if I'm being truthful. But growing things is not my strong suit. Quite frankly, I suck at it. I can barely keep plants alive. Sometimes I even kill bamboo plants! Those things are sturdy and nearly impossible to neglect.

But I'm going to try try try again. I love to cook with herbs. I love the idea of snapping off basil leaves fresh from the stem. Grabbing a handful of cilantro right from my window. Not having to worry about picking up what I need at the market and worrying it's going to languish in my fridge.

Per usual, each task can be adapted for your tastes and talents. Maybe you have an herb garden. Perhaps you'd like to grow tomatoes or flowers. Whatever it is, let's try and grow together. :)